Per Administration Plan, Chapter 8-III.B. WHEN RENT REASONABLENESS DETERMINATIONS ARE REQUIRED – Owner-Initiated Rent Determinations.
1) During the initial lease term the owner must not change the rent.
2) After the initial occupancy period, subsequent requests for rent adjustments must be in accordance with the lease.
3) HACA will process only one rent increase in a 12-month period.
4) All rent increase requests are subject to a rent reasonableness analysis. Please attach supporting documentation of unassisted units with market rates and comparables to this form to assist in the rent reasonableness analysis. This is optional but recommended.
5) Any failed items identified by the most recent HQS inspection must be corrected prior to requesting a rent increase.
6) HQS Department will complete a rent reasonableness survey within 10 business days of a “Passed” HQS inspection. If no inspection is due, within 14 business days of receipt of the request.
EFFECTIVE DATES FOR RENT INCREASES WILL BE DETERMINED AS FOLLOWS: ***NEW POLICY***
A. Rent requests will be effective on the date proposed by the owner when the request is received 60 days prior to that proposed effective date
60-DAY NOTICE IS REQUIRED FOR TENANT RENT INCREASES.
B. Rent change requests received less than 60 days before the proposed effective date, will be effective 60 days after the submission date and then on the 1st of the following month, to allow the tenant a 60-day notice.
C. Please contact the Eligibility Specialist for the Tenant with any questions. HCV Phone List (Here)
For Additional information, please visit HACA’s Administration Plan, Chapter 8 – Housing Quality Standards & Policies.
Option 1 – For all rent adjustments
Complete the DocuSign Rent Change Request Form(additional documentation can be attached/uploaded if any)
Option 2 – Change in the responsibility of utilities
Complete form HUD-52517(RFTA – Request for Tenancy Approval), print, signed by the tenant and owner. This a HUD Requirement. Please submit the completed RFTA form to the client’s Eligibility Specialist. (Here)