Per Administration Plan, Chapter 8-III.B. WHEN RENT REASONABLENESS DETERMINATIONS ARE REQUIRED – Owner-Initiated Rent Determinations.
1) During the initial lease term the owner must not change the rent.
2) After the initial occupancy period, subsequent requests for rent adjustments must be in accordance with the lease.
3) HACA will process only one rent increase in a 12-month period.
4) All rent increase requests are subject to a rent reasonableness analysis. Please attach supporting documentation of unassisted units with market rates and comparables to this form to assist in the rent reasonableness analysis. This is optional but recommended.
5) Any failed items identified by the most recent HQS inspection must be corrected prior to requesting a rent increase.
6) HQS Department will complete a rent reasonableness survey within 10 business days of a “Passed” HQS inspection. If no inspection is due, within 14 business days of receipt of the request.
7) The owner will be notified of the determination by EMAIL or in writing.
EFFECTIVE DATES FOR RENT INCREASES WILL BE DETERMINED AS FOLLOWS:
A) Rent requests will be effective on the date proposed by the owner when the request is received 60 days prior to that proposed effective date
B) 60-day notice is required for tenant rent increases.
C) Rent change requests received less than 60 days before the proposed effective date, will be effective 60 days after the submission date and then on the 1st of the following month, to allow the tenant a 60-day notice.
D) Please contact Don Gilliam with any rent adjustment questions at email@example.com. HCV Phone List (Here)
Option 1 – For all rent adjustments
1) Complete the DocuSign
2) Additional documentation can be attached/uploaded with Docusign form
2) Submit the change in utilities request to: firstname.lastname@example.org